Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hello...goodbye.
So i gather we are not getting a farewell. Okay so, I haven't had much of a college life, like a lot of people. And maybe I don't yet know the names of everyone in class. But in my defence, i know almost all the faces. And i'm bad with names anyway, I can't quote a single critic to save my life. Besides my mom seems to have done enough networking for both of us during the exams, and now she knows not only names, and faces, but also permanent addresses, family backgrounds, future crises and the name of the vet. And maybe we are a rather disjunctive, seperated batch where each corner either relentlessly bitches about the other, or does not know of its existence. I have got laughed at without knowing what i did, and wild rumours have flown about my friend holding a dual citizenship and what not. Ah, so we are not the most social people. But there have been some fun times. Like collectively facing the dean's sarcasm, Eton's nastiness and CM's everyday classes. Ane everything. I remember CB went on one of her crazy fits and held a quiz in class, and PM did an end of the term psycho-analysis thing. Oh, and the first class, when we were all new and fresh and innocent (smirk!) and Bertie pricking the bubble right then with his "Why are you all here, anyway? You won't gain anything in these three years."
So anyway, I think we need a farewell. Legally, we are entitled to one, since we gave a jolly good one ourselves. Oh nothing too hi-fi, maybe just another day to see all the old, familiar faces , maybe bitch a little more about who is wearing what, maybe some good music, some badly prepared perfomances, some cheesy games. I know no one would really cry or anything, but maybe there would be the lump, maybe some half-sincere promises to stay in touch, some general best wishes, some smiles, some more memories. Maybe a last walk down those sunless corridors as a student, maybe a sneak peek into the office, maybe a smoke near the backgate, maybe a look back to the building once the sun has set and the neon lights are on.
As someone has so very wisely said, "We need closure." But then, it seems like we are not going to get any.
This is my own goodbye to the last three years. I havent missed a single oppurtunity to bitch, criticize and look down upon you. But now when I shall be out in the big-bad-world, I wont waste a single moment in telling every new soul I meet, what a wonderful place you have been. Goodbye Room 10, 11 and 19 and all the little rooms in between. Thank you, because I know now what I had and how I will never get anything like it again.

8 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Yes,everyone deserves a decent college farewell...
Its defintely a thing to be missed and to be remembered and cherished for all that college years have given us...
After all,its given you all what u are now...

"...and now she knows not only names, and faces, but also permanent addresses, family backgrounds, future crises and the name of the vet..."

...hahahahaha!!!

Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Now THAT, gave me a lump in the throat. And so...goodbye... room no. 10,11,19 and the little rooms inbetween
:)

coffee stain said...

you say that now.....but a few months down the line i guess you will miss the friggin rooms...... as i miss f-503 ......sob sob... bestest years o mi life....... life e pause button hole ki mosti hoto.......
big-bad world......aye...aye aye aye!

The Nutty Pea said...

dont tell anyone...but sniff sniff!

dreamy said...

What I gather from your post ..you must be from English honours!:)..and aah..guess..I will feel the same way one year from now....

btw..How nastily did Fr.Eaton behave with you?

Vatsala said...

I'm sorry our class hasn't organized a farewell for yours.Much cant be said.Sorry again.

Random Doodler said...

@moo-lah: yes, its true. my moms and entire telephone directory.

@loony n preeta: *sniff* *sulk* *sigh*

@coffee stain: they've been telling us its big and bad since 1927! maybe this is it and i cant figure it out?!

@dreamy: and i'm guessing u are, too? What fun! Which one are u?

@Vatsala: Oh well well. (*sniff* *sulk* *sigh*)

dreamy said...

heehee...me from mcvv..:)