Monday, June 04, 2007

This is what I wrote in my journal (in the days of Anne Frank and bloglessness) a little more than 5 years ago when i was shifting base in a big way.
9th June 2002: ....I always knew I would have to leave here, I suppose. A part of me has always been an outsider in Bombay, sometimes trying to fit in, mostly looking on with detached indifference since an age where I couldnt even spell those words, let alone knowing what they mean. I dont know if where I'm going to will be any different. I don't know if I care. I just want to get away from the people i'v known all my life. Its not been all bad, it never is all bad. Its just never been close enough. I can't think here. Or maybe I think, too much. Maybe thats the problem. I want to go somewhere that I can do things besides thinking. Maybe, just maybe, inspite of what everyone says, I'll actually like it there. Who knows? Who can say?...

5-years-ago-little-me had quite a way with words, methinks. You can never, never tell whats coming. Do not try.
I always knew I would have to leave here too, but i wish i still had the 5-year-back enthusiasm of looking forward. I don't mind the going away, if only i were going away for something more meaningful. Bitterness just creeps in like horrid black smoke.
Its all ego, really. All ego. And a little of missing the grandparents and my little room by the chhat. Don't kid yourself though. Mostly ego. And self-love. Isn't that what it all is?

8 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

I think its the 'missing' part..

Btw,loved the post.

:)

coffee stain said...

you a big girl now...eh.....and as cap. jack would have said..." its not the black smoke that should creep in luv....(eye twitching) its the rum and the white smoke....savvy?!"

Random Doodler said...

@ moo-lah: Why, thank you. Its missing indeed.
:(

@Coffee Stain: Rum and white smoke
Rum and coke.
A big girl now...isnt that tragic enough?
:)

Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

boro - but not shoro. You wrote pretty well back in the day as well. My journal entries are all intensely hormonal and full of self loathing. Haha. You're a good kid. You'll be fine.

coffee stain said...

oye you can rhyme....

Anonymous said...

u spent the most crucial stage of ur life in cal.not ego,not grandparents,not ur lil room,not ur pals or whatever ur a part of.i think its a cocktail of everyhting i said with a garnish of something i missed out.
.......D

exhaling smoke said...

deep

Random Doodler said...

@loony: It was all then. Bloody cynicism hadnt caught me yet. Ekhon puro blank.

@ Coffee Stain: So i can.

@ D: :)

@ Rishi (again!): Whats with the alter ego? And whats deep? Or who's Deep?