Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Nothing really...!

Do you think i use the word 'really' too much?Really? Its a nice word actually. I like words that have the letter 'l' in them. they roll of your tongue very smoothly.One of my favourite words is 'warble'.U knw, as in, she has a warbling voice.Sounds beautiful.
My friends and i were listening to music most of the time today. Sometimes him n her. Sometimes her n him. Sometimes her n her. Sometimes just her. Sometimes just him. Nobody was left out.
I love the song 'coffee house'. Sometimes when i'm listening to it alone, i even cry a little.Ok, so that sounds sappy.But i cant help it.Things like that move me.I am a sentimentalist i guess.Paul McCartney said: "Whats wrong in being sentimental?Being sentimental just means that you like stuff."I'm not kidding. he really said that!Check out Readers Digest Dec issue.I got it just today.
So where was I? Yes, coffee house.I love that song.Actually it reminds me a lot of what calcutta stands for. Or used to stand for.I dont know. But i wish that kinda stuff would happen to me.
Have u been to coffee house? Chances are, no.Well i have-but i'm not goin to rant about how great a place it is. Coz its not.All it has probably is its history...the past. It did not inspire poetry in me.I just went there, had a cold coffee(with cream) and a sandwich or something. It was very crowded though.And smelled of a lot of people.Sweat.Heat.Dust.Cigarette.Cigarette.Cigarette...And old books. College Street. Presidency College.Very faint...that was. Somewhere among the cracked, soiled tables...the dirty floors, the stale air...lurked the spirits of young men and women eagerly discussing their views on literature, politics, sports. Great thinkers. Thoughts they thought would change the world.
Only the world never changed. But the thinkers did. And so did the thoughts.
Nowadays people believe in being anti-idealist anti-intellectualist (is that even a word?) Perhaps thats the more realistic thing to be.And i'm not any different-i would choose CCD over Coffee House anyday i think, no matter what i'm trying to prove with this post.(actually i'm not trying to prove anything).
Its just that song then..."coffee house-er shei addata aaj aar nei, aaj aar nei..."
Listen to it sometimes if you have'nt. And if u have, listen to it again.Wont change your views, that song.
But listen to it anyway. Its a great song.

3 comments:

Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

"Coffee House" makes my insides go all wobbly. My coffee house is my school and old home. It reminds me of old things...and what our future might be like. You know, all of us busy, seperated, lost in our own lives...some happy, some sad....ke jane.

Random Doodler said...

yes exactly...some alternate 'cofee house' space..i dnt even know what it is for me. which is why i hang on to other ppls memories i guess. like this song.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

damn man,u wud choose a CCD over coffee house.... :P :P things have changed quite a bit aint it??