Tuesday, December 27, 2005

MOOD I MAD!

Do u know it takes a bloody 2 hours to reach that stupid place, through non-existent roads, unending traffic jams, and automobiles that keep blowing toxic stuff outta their asses at your precious(and only) lungs every 20 seconds? by the time i reached IIT-B today, i was ready to go back home and i would have except for the fact that i would have to make that abominable journey all over again! i was rather proud of myself in the morning for deciding to go by public transport and all, real smart of me and all that! all that enthu is now cleanly flushed out of my system. thank god for the window seat without which life would have been hell!
so anyway, after a lot of waiting, and some painful crawling by the BEST bus, i reached my destination-the IITB Main Gate.now the campus is huge (sigh!when i think of my own 2/2...)and there are 3 gates, Market, Main and Lake Gate.but thanks to the fact that i used to tag along with my mom sometimes when she did her research here almost 8 years back, i can navigate myself around...er...somewhat. i had to stop for directions twice, but thats not my fault, these IIT snobs abbreviate everything...how the hell am i supposed to figure out their vocabulary, which is not even remotely english!
to cut a long story shot, i managed to find what i was looking for, the film fest being held at SOM (school of management), which was in one word-enriching!considering that i had to while away a good 2 hours on my own, this was a blessing. most of the films were simply superb...the dormant filmaker has risen again!!!
my guide(who is also my friend!)showed me around the campus which is just so so great! i said the same thing in KGP, as i say now..its a place worth all the slogging that u do to get in. its a kind of place that inspires genius!i keep wishing i had even a degree interest in great things like engineering. but woe alas!
anyway, my 2 friends (both furiously proud IITians themselves) insisted on introducing me to other furiously proud IITians as 'our friend from Calcutta who studies Literature' after which they all proceeded to stare at me in wonder and shake their heads as if such things were beyond mortal comprehensibility. one even went as fars so as to ask me-'English?' To which i responded with one of my coldest (and scariest) glares, as if such questions were below answering(which it was! i mean get a life, and look beyond those four walls!)
but all said and done, its still a great enviable place to study, live and spend 4 years of your life in. really, unfortunately, howmuchever one might deny IITs snob value or exclusivity, the truth remains that that blasted place is every inch as great as it claims to be. oh well!
on a lighter note, my friend offered to show me his hostel, warning me nevertheless that loads of topless men, men in various stages of undress and men in their most natural habitat pretending to be nothing else but the animals that they are, might greet my eyes!so naturally, yours truly got truly excited, but was however disappointed when her same friend could not find his ID card. (IDs are not otherwise necessary, but must be shown when admitting a female guest inside the hostel!!)though he has promised to 'show the sights' on thursday when i'll be going again. oh goody!
so that was that. meat a lot of old school friends, some IITians, some not. some pretending to be extremely busy all day, thankfully,since that avoided unwanted conversation, some having all the time in the world.was a good day in all...am so caught up in the hangover, wish i had a campus like this, man!
on another note, have resolved to participate fully in Xavotsav next year! totally inspired by these nerds running around and looking important! must be something to it that i missed! will find out next year.

3 comments:

Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

Aww...Sudu didn't get to see naked men :-)
Say hi to the IIT snob. Oh and tell him, in our domain, its the "English" people who are known to be the snobs....exactly why, I don't know...but tell him when you're drunk and stupid or something.

the dreamer said...

wow what fun...(am rotting here with my rotten books)...hope u get to see handsome sights nxt time u go....
and tell that IIT snob not to act too smart....;)

Random Doodler said...

i will not talk to the person in question....and thats that!