Thursday, April 19, 2007

Grant me an old man's Frenzy

I know my very own Acre of Grass old man. Who vehemently denies being old. With a great deal of frenzy too. So, he isnt much of a poet. Or an artist. Even though he designed bridges. That count?
But I think he and the old Dubloo Bee would have quite a lot in common. For one, he taught me to distinguish between an eagle and a kite. And he isn't scared of mice. And he's the last person I know who will complain about the "rag and bone shop of the heart".

Yesterday he complained as to why Shahrukh said "Ladies and Gentlemen" and "Boys and Girls". And told me to send an e-mail to Siddharth Basu from Grandfather K.C Ghosh.
He is the most grandfatherly person i know, and the least elderly.

I could tell you a lot about him. About how he walked from Burma to India after independance. And how on the way, he lost his friend, and his sister to typhoid, and was one of the few to make it across. And how he took his wife and three kids travelling every weekend, in his own little jalopy. And how he used to walk around the lake four times unfailingly every morning, come rain, sun or hail, at a speed that would make you giddy even thinking of it.
But i wont.
I'm extremely possessive about my memories. And too scared of not being able to express them properly.
But this one is to him. With all his frenzy and zest and anger-oh yes, loads of anger. I wouldnt change you for the world.

Rockabye-baby, on the tree top
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all.

6 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

:-P
Who's he and whats his name????

:-)

Loony Libberswick of Llapland said...

It's funny... The old men in my life have had more inspired frenzy in them at 50 than I can ever imagine having at 25. Grant me, as well I say, an old man's frenzy, 'cause God knows I need it.

Anonymous said...

Old men are invaluable. Then when they go, a whole slice of your lufe goes. Most often, your childhood. No?

Random Doodler said...

@ moo-lah: the name is in the post :)

@loony: maybe its something you get with age? if you're lucky?

@srin: you said it. even if they go when you're,like,30.

Anonymous said...

frankfurt norway comprising maintenance susan summers knoll nevada grips multimodal apartment
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

beard regarding dialog cansummary bandwidths tapping dhruv garg news inch boar
servimundos melifermuly